Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab Control Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

aradha

Technical User
Dec 4, 2002
AU
I had this thread for some time in Access Forms but I had no reply. I have a main form in which there are 6 tab control pages with a subform each. When I click on the tab controls the whole form jumps. Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks a lot

This is just a shot in the dark, but do you have scroll bars on the form? If so, try making the size of the form a little smaller. If they go off the page when run, it might make the form jump.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I do have scroll bars on the form. I tried to change the width of the form but it does not accept it. After changing the Autoresize property to No, I still have no control on the width property of the form. Looking forward for a reply

That usually means you have something there holding it at the size it is. Did you try changing it from it's property?

aradha,

I use a tab control form quite sucessfully in some of my applications. I design each subform to have no border with no record controls, scroll bars, close buttons, navigations buttons, dividing lines, etc, etc. It becomes a form with no controls. I then size it to fit in the tab control page, then attach it as a subform. All controls for records, close, etc, etc is done via command buttons on the face of the form. It takes a bit of experimentation as far as size but it works like a treat.

I hope this helps.

Mondoray

If you mean by "jumps" it appears to blink when you change data or records then look into the application.echo false if you are working with access 2000+ or the me.painting function for 97??.

I use tab controls and was able to stop the annoying blinking when updating or changing the record. Remember to to set the application.echo back to true after the update.

Private sub whatever_afterUpdate()
Application.Echo False

do something here that causes a blink or jump

Application.echo True

hope this helps

Thanks for your reply but it hasn't really helped me. I have six tabs Membership History, Courses, Additional Information etc. When the form opens it is fine but when I click on Membership History tab the form moves to the left side of screen. To see the complete form I have to scroll down or scroll to the side. I added a command "Size to fit form" but it still does not work. Once again thanks a lot for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back