Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

t7406e

Status
Not open for further replies.

calitek

Technical User
Jan 13, 2009
US
hello all,customer has 7406 cordless wants to upgrade to t7406e can i use the same base and just buy a new handset?thanks

7406 runs on the 900mhz spectrum, 7406e i believe is on the 2.4ghz spectrum.

I've been working with both, and having miserable sound quality on the e model, and interference and popping noises with the non e model.

Buyer beware!

These items are costing my business a lot of time and money trying to resolve the issue for my client!

I haven't had much trouble with the 7406e. Sounds like you could have an environmental issue? All wireless technology is prone to transmission issues on site. Have you tried a wireless analog phone on site to see if there's a difference?

We had to install a DMC on one site for the extra antennae because all the walls were brick, and we couldn't get anything else to work well.

I have a T7406 and actually have few problems except for the interference problem. But, I would always choose it over a 7406e because the 7406 blends in with the other equipment better, and plain out, just looks better.

John Panzer

The 7406 IS VERY susceptable to "mutual interferance". This is where a like frequency or harmonic frequency is present and causes various set radio malfunctions. It is also sensitive to almost all other environments where high power transmitters are present. Leads me to suspect no RF shielding and crappy circuits in the phone. One site under a paging tower made all 7406 callers sound like Daffy Duck.

Arr

"..second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.."

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back