Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7406e going to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

oncomm

Vendor
May 20, 2005
US
I have a customer that we just swapped their T7406e after five years of heavy use. There was no issue with the old one before it swam in water. The new one goes to sleep after a minute of non use. The only way to wake it up is to call it. Pressing buttons does not wake it up. Any ideas?

I have noticed that lately with the ones from Avaya, try the feature button to wake it up, that always works for me.

Otherwise 2 options
Upgrade the firmware if you have the parts/software or send it back to where you purchased it.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I just ran into this issue.

CICS 6.0 CGE02
Avaya branded T7406e

Not only goes to sleep and cannot wake it using any key including feature but when you call the DN it says "not in service"

It was tested on a BCM50 and told it worked fine.

I tried dereg and rereg twice and no go.

Oncomm what did you end up doing?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Had our supplier replace it. Was told there was an issue with a batch of them. The new one worked fine. I am surprised that you get a not in service message. We did not experience that. As a matter of fact that was the only way we could wake it up. Does the DN work with a regular phone set plugged in? I wonder if there is an issue with the base unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back