Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7406 Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobac

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2003
US
I have a brand new T7406 with base station, just a single phone. The unit will work fine for a day or two and then it will switch to "Scanning" and it seems, forget its security code.

When I go onsite, it seems the SS code changed itself twice. Once, it was reset to the original password of all zeros which is really odd.

The other time, I noticed the phone said "weak signal" when I was 5" from the base station. And, it will associate with the base (sends SS OK) but just won't connect.

Does this sound like a bad phone or base??

Thanks

It is most likely the RF module in the handset.

Sounds like the T-series cordless units aren't much better than the M-series.

Had a customer ask me about those the other day and I told him I couldn't recommend them in good conscience because they were way too expensive and I've already heard too many bad reviews. All they really wanted to do was have remote access to paging and to be able to take the occasional call when wandering.

Got him a set of 4 Panasonic analog/900 mhz digital cordless sets with one base station (all connected to the same line) and a refurbed ATA, saved him a fortune and got great reception everywhere in a huge metal warehouse.

They'll probably out last the Nortel cordless sets they used to have by 5 to 1 or better.

Phonehed in Dallas

Thanks for the info. Just replaced the unit and so far seems better (well except for some static). I guess I will know better in a few days if it goes crazy again.

I like the panasonic idea, might try that next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back