Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7406 Multiple Line Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbaxter2

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2007
CA
I posted earlier this week about my CLID woes, and was able to get that all sorted out, but there seems to be a side-effect impacting our T7406. Now the T7406 the receptionist uses is only able to handle 1 call at a time. She says if another call comes in while she is using it, it doesn't ring or even appear. When she is using the cordless, she forwards 221 to 298, the extension of the T7406. The button programming got all screwed up when I switched the line from ring+appear to appear only, but I re-programmed them to match what was written on the set. It is currently programmed like this:

Left side from top to bottom:

Line Pool, Page, Trans>VM

Right side from top to bottom:

Group Pickup, i/c, i/c

It may be the the actual button programming didn't match what was written on the set to begin with...

Also, she is saying that the call display doesn't show up on that set until she picks up the call.

Check how many intercom buttons you've given her, if she only has 1 then only 1 call at a time, you may want to give her 2 to 4 depending on the trafic. You should be able to do the same on your T7406 but I'm not sure how those buttons are programmed.

On the t7406, press feature*0, and each button to determine if they're programmed right. It does need to have more than 1 intercom path to handle more than 1 call. (as does her desk set.)

Also check cf busy on the cordless phone.

There are 2 intercom buttons programmed. When the second call comes in it goes straight to the general delivery mailbox.

Your problem sounds like 2 things....one is Call Forward Busy in Capabilities is programmed to vmails DN....change it to none.

You may also have missing Intercom syndrome....

2A
3B
4C
5D
_E

Buttom programming is like an M7310 but staggerd something like above.
It will use buttons 2,3,4 and B,C and D.
So when you program 2 Intercoms on the Handset it programs to D and E....problem is you dont see E on the handset so the trick is to program a Handfree key that will go on E and push your to Intercom keys to D and C so you will see both of them. Just make sure Handsfree it programmed to Standard and not Auto.

Call forward on busy was the culprit. Thanks again curlycord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back