Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

t7406 lost password and trying to sink new phone with base 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabhoe

Technical User
Dec 12, 2002
US
i have a t7406 already connected to the base unit. i have bought a new one and the guy who connected it to the base the first time is no longer with the company and changed the password. how do i get the password for the first handset.

Default main password is 000000, then it should ask you to enter new password.

For the second handset you should just make the handset ID #2 then send the code if it does not come up.
Also you need a second digitial pair from the KSU leading into port 2 of your antennae.
spoclogo2.jpg

yes i but i will need the code for the first phone is there a default 000000 doesnt work i tryed that.

ok if the password is changed the master password is

change password 525785
than what ever the new password is?

If I recall you go to security code, enter Master password 000000 then the screen goes blank so enter new security code,now unplug the base unit for 10 seconds, plug bcak in and then send the security code (push and hold send) to the base within 15 seconds of powering up the base unit (make take 2 attempts with the send button). Now go to 2nd set and do the exact same thing but do not send the code with the 2nd handset.
Try that let us know : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back