Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7406 Corcless phone install tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecotek1

Vendor
Nov 13, 2007
US
Does anyone have any simple installation tips for the install of these phones? I have a site that has 2 phones with 2 antenas and it seems the coverage area is like 70 Feet if that from the antena. Thought at first that I killed one of the antenas then i relaized thats how they are configured. Anyway.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can find the install and config docs on Avaya's support site. Just search for T7406 or T7406E.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Thanks for checking in. I have the doc. Was looking for a quick tip on how to configure these 2 phones.

Press the transfer button and dial an extension. That is if it is an incoming call. If not, press Feature 70 for transfer.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

featrure 70 is the trick but button realestate is slim if you have a system in quick edition. for anyone who is not farmiliar with these handsets the feature button is the button under the paper label to the right that is marked with a square with a right arrow inside it. Seems like if you wanted to configure a transfer button you could use one of the lighted buttons for transfer and NOT one of the soft keys.

When a line is accessed whether it is an incoming call or an external call, Transfer comes up on one of the softkeys. You can program Transfer on a button by doing Feature *3, press the button, and enter Feature 70.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back