Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7316E Subdued Ringing While on a Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdbeeler

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2012
US
I trying to find out if the T7316E telephone on a BCM 400 can have a subdued ringing feature?
I have a user complaining her telephone will ring for target lines assigned to appear and ring on her phone just as loud as normal even when she is already on a call.
Is that the way it works- could she just have a bad telephone?
thanks!!
cdb

Adjust the ring volume as it is ringing, ie... while of hook - adjust, regular ringing - adjust.
I believe the can be adjusted separately.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Thanks Jeremy- i'm trying that- i had to program the fwd busy so anyone calling her would go to voice mail- let's see if she like this better tomorrow- i also scheduled a reboot tonight just in case the phone is messed up or something like that- hope this works!!
Thanks again!!

Thanks SplicED- good idea i tried that and it changed her handset volume the first time- then i had her put me on hold and lower the ringing- and that did work but it must be the same setting because that changed the first call volume as well.
i have set the busy forwarding and enabled the dnd on busy so i'm hoping she will like that better tomorrow. got to just love a receptionist- i wish everyone would just used auto attendant.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back