Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7316E - Can't access Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW_Coulon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2021
US
Hello All,

Please excuse my lack of capabilities here, but i am kind of new to phone systems and could use some assistance.

I have a Nortel T7316E and am trying to access the config menu via FEATURE **266344 but upon entering the second asterisk it tells me "Invalid Code". I am at a loss. I am trying to add a line button to this phone and have no idea what to do since every option i see requires that feature number being used.

Thank you,
A.

Have you tried from another T7316?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

This is probably because somebody has changed the passcode. You might want to access the FAQ section as there is a few good pointers.

Try "Feature" **23646 and then the same digits to see if you are able to enter the ADMIN area. If so, then you can change the date to one that is mentioned in the link and follow the instructions on how to view the current CONFIG passcode.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

@Firebird Scrambler

I will look through the link provided, but as to your after comment below the link, the phone tells me invalid code as i press the second asterisk, so i can't even type in the numbers that follow. That is the problem at hand.

@curlycord

Yes i have tried on several T7316's. But none of them allow it.

""Invalid Code" is the exact message"

Was that a reply to me or to Firebird?

I changed my post to try another phone."

Yes this was a reply to you Curlycord.

Ok thanks.

I have never heard of this before but curious at to which Norstar Model (and software version) you have as there are 5 models and many software versions for each of them.
To test an issue with Feature ** try any of these to see if same invalid code :

Feature **XFTEST
Feature **SCPLUS
Feature **ADMIN
Feature **BASIC
Feature **SET
Feature **LINE
Feature **USER
Feature **TIME

Have you rebooted the phone system? if not try that.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Without a re-boot, none of those codes will work as he can't press the second "*"...

upon entering the second asterisk it tells me "Invalid Code""

Your right, I got lost after reading that the first time....Firebird's fault!
[clown]

This could be a good example of why posters should always note the System Model and Software Release of their systems when posting.

Time on the display on a Norstar or BCM system looks like this format: Feb 12 7:54 am which start from the left side leaving space on the right side
If it looks any different then it an IP Office (Avaya) or UCx (E-metrotel)
Edit:
UCx time format is the same but with the all the space between the date and the time.
IP Office format is: 7:54am 10/02 and again with the all the space between the date and the time.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

This without a doubt not a Norstar or BCM.

Dollars to donuts it's an IP Office Norstar edition.

Go find the phone system.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back