Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7316 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwtc

Programmer
Dec 27, 2005
US
Hi guys,

I realize that a T7316 emulates an M7310. But, I do have a question on the "Triangle" display.

On MICS 6.0 & higher, the additional "telephone" symbols appear around the "triangle" on a T7316E.

Looking closely at a T7316, I see these symbols are also there, but because the phone emulates an M7310, the symbols are never activated.

What was the point of Nortel putting these symbols on a T7316 if they weren't going to use them?

Economy of scale. A million of one part will cost less then 2 parts at half a million pieces each.

To use the symbols the system needs to have the 7.0 software and it will see the phone as a T7316e

Hi,

We are on the 7.0 software, and do have some T7316E phones. I was simply wondering why these symbols are also on the T7316 phones if they aren't being utilized.

Nortel had originally planned to have the T7316 & T24 KIMs working on the R6.0 s/w but didn't until R6.1. The sets have the proper icons but the firmware in the set is not compatible with 6.1 and 7.0, hence the T7316E. The two sets are exact except for the handsfree key being moved on the T7316E. You have likely noticed that the T7316 even has the slots and plug for mounting a KIM

sprucegrover,

Thanks for the info. Considering that the T7316 has the icons & doesn't work the way that Nortel expected it to, it sounds to me that the T7316 was a "goof" for Nortel.

Considering that the T7316 was released prior to 6.1/7.0, wouldn't you think that Nortel would have programmed the software to properly utilize the firmware?

Are they still producing the T7316 in addition to the T7316e ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back