Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7316 Nortel Phone and transferrring calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt27

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2009
US
We have a Nortel Norstar Plus Modular ICS system and are having an intermittent problem with one or two phones. Phone 1 will get a call and transfer to phone 2. Sometimes it works and sometimes the calls are dropped for no reason at all or sometimes they will go to the general delivery mailbox. Where can I start to correct the problem? Should I go out and buy new phones? Can I switch a newer phone with one of the problem phones? The phones in questions are T7316E phones. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, phone 2 never does any transferrring since it is the CEO's phone. The dropped calls don't happen all the time, just once in a while. Can I just switch phone one with a newer phone? Or can it be operator error. When phone 1 user transfers a call, she dials the button under the transfer display, announces the caller, If the CEO wants to take the call, she just hangs up. Most times this works. Is she supposed to push JOIN if CEO wants to take the call of just hang up?

Thanks

Join or hanging up will join the call. Is the CEO hanging up and expecting the phone to ring into him? If so, HE is disconnecting the call.

He stays on the phone and waits for the transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back