Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T5120 will only boot from ILOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nym313

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
HU
Hi.

Im fairly new to Sun servers so please forgive me if I ask something obvious =)

I recently installed a Sparc T5120 Server. The server has a redundant PSU. During installation when I plugged in the second PSU the server powered off.
Since then the server only powers on from the ILOM. Until I log through the the Service Management port I cannot turn on the server. There are no leds active on the front pannel.
The moment I log in through the ILOM the OK led starts to flash and I can turn on the server.
This happens every time I remove the power from the server (if I poweroff normally and don't remove the power supply I can still power back any time).

Any help would be much appreciated!

If you have not already resolved this, you may get more of a response by reposting in Forum60

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back