Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T40 laptop with TV - no picture from WinMediaPlayer on TV screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirdus0001

Technical User
Aug 25, 2003
CZ
Hi,

when I connect my T40 laptop with TV I can normally see my desktop and so on...
no problems.
(I am using for connection S-Video output on side of pc and cinch on side of TV)

But wneh I start WinMedPlayer and try to play some video... on the pc display it is correctly visible but on the TV it is possible only to see WMP program window but instead of picture is dark.

I tried to change modes of TV (PAL D,E, Secam etc.) but no success.

Could anyone give me some advice or tip

Thank you in advance

Not sure what video adaptor you have (ATI,etc) but it sounds like an overlay problem. Right click your desktop got to properties, settings tab and choose advanced. There should be an overlay tab or an overlay option on one of them. Try enabling/playing around with the overlay settings. If I remember correctly overlay only works on the primary display so if you've set up the TV as a second monitor then it probably won't work. I had to set up an alternative display setup when trying to do something similar with visuals and a projector. It's a pain in the butt!! :)

I had a similar problem with my T40, but directing video output to a projector.

In the end, I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was unable to show video on both the LCD and External display. I created a "Projector Only" scheme via the Fn+F7 Presentation and Display Scheme setup.

Yep, it definately sounds like it's treating the TV/Projector as a second monitor. Have you tried setting the TV/Monitor as the primary display to confirm that it plays correctly then? By creating the projector only scheme it is automatically the primary display and thus overlay works with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back