Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 trunk group ringing on TD1232

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSnow01

Vendor
Oct 3, 2011
US
First, let me just say that I have been trying to get this customer to upgrade FOREVER. That said, they have their T1 channels broken out into trunk groups, which then show up and ring on specific buttons, depending which DID has been dialed. All this programming was in place when I inherited this system and I can't for the life of me figure out how the ringing is programmed. I set up a new extension with the trunk group appearance (easy) but I can't see how to get it to ring instead of just flashing red.
Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Basically setting the phone/ext for its ring per CO/Intercom

ring_emam4z.png

or tell them "hey, see, the light is blinking but the power supply is failing and will not activate the ringer" Boom, install a TDA50 haha

I think I tried to set the ring tone in Station Programming mode. It beeped back at me as if maybe I wasn't allowed to do that?

Everything else is fine. DID, voice mail, mesaage waiting light, BLF... Yes, wired for 4 wires.

It's a T1, and somehow it's programmed so that certain channels ring certain trunk groups and appear on certain buttons. This is what I can't figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back