Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intimidator50

Technical User
Mar 15, 2013
US
Hi All,
Got this message from the Local telephone Company, how do I go by fixing this, it has been 10 years since I have done anything with a T1 circuit, Thanks for your help.

Here is some information: Circuit ID= 1R/IPZX/0061095/GTEN. Our telephone switch in Melton is reporting timing slips on this circuit. What we find is that 99% of the time is that the system at the customer end needs to be set up for loop timing on the T1. All of our systems in the Melton switch are timed from a GPS source. This is done so that everything stays in sync with each other. Problems you may encounter is that a chic-chic noise while talking. It may or may not be noticeable. We want to provide great service to you as you provide outstanding service to our country and local communities.

Does the PBX have other circuits (t-1/PRI) or is this the only one?
In LD 60, you will be able to see if the circuit is the primary timing source (SSCK 0 for instance)and also if it is tracking correctly.
What type and release PBX?
As you will see many times on this site, a very high percentage of these issues turn out to be the Telco circuit with problems, so it might be a good idea to open a ticket with them to at least have them test/monitor it to see if they are seeing anything.

This is the only T1 circuit, it is a Nortel Meridian 1 61C, release 25.
Thanks for your help.

Sounds like it has probably been in place a long time and has just recently started getting the erros. I would definitely open a ticket with the vendor and have them check the circuit.
Did you go to LD 60 and do SSCK 0?
If so can you print your results here.
Also in LD 60, do LCNT. This will print out the counters for this circuit, are you seeing any errors? Ideally the counters should all be zeros.

I agree with trvlr1. We have the same issues with line providers on this side of the pond. It's rarely a problem on the switch.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I will go and check out LD 60 and let you know what I find out. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back