Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1, Tie Trunks/Channels 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker48

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hi all,
Is it possible to use a T1 (tie), to do the following and if yes, how would I go by doing it.
I have T1 (TIE) and it connects two PBX's and have access code to make a call, example: Dial 55 then dial 4554 and you can talk to someone from the other PBX, What I need to know is, is it possible to keep 55 4554 access and also have two routers from two different locations commicate on the T1(TIE), how would I split them so I could have half with the access code and the other half to have two Routers/Switches commuicating over the T1(TIE, I have a Nortel Meridian 1 61C, with Software Seccions 4.5.

Your Help Is Greatly Appreciated.
Thank You
Undertaker48

Channel service uint/data service unit. Allows you to split the T1 for Voice and Data, (need one at both ends). You can't share it, but you can dedicate several channels for Voice and several for data....

How is the following Executed Triton101, Channel service uint/data service unit. Allows you to split the T1 for Voice and Data, (need one at both ends). You can't share it, but you can dedicate several channels for Voice and several for data.... Thank You

If this is a long process, how do I do the following.
Change the TIE back to a PRI for Data communication, between two Switches or two Routers over the PRI.
Thank You
What LD's do I prt everything out, so if they want it back like it was I can change it back, with no problems, Thank You

Thank You
Undertaker48

you would need to remove the single half the trunks from the current route and add a rdb to install them in... look at dsc's instead of acod plus dn for routing.. it will clean up your dial plan... we have a networked switch here, with 20 routes and ext in 30 buildings.. you do not need to know where a person is, just dial the 4 (soon to be 5) digits the switch uses the cdp to send those digits to the correct route based on the dsc...

how to do it? look at the faq's here for a start... your talking 10 loads and 500 lines of code..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John Poole, I searched FAQ for hours last night, trying to find out how to change a TIE to a PRI, did not have much luck, I was able to find some things about a PRI and a TIE, but nothing that I was looking for, if you know where to find FAQ to help me change a TIE to a PRI, I would be greatly appreciate it, I know you are busy, but your help is greatly appreciated, Thank You John.

Thank You
Undertaker48

YOu can't change it. you have to out and rebuild it back the way you want it to be.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

John the Phone guy, Thank You for responding so quick, I have to take the TIE out and build the PRI the way I want it set up, where can I find the instructions to do this procedure. I've searched the FAQ and I've searched the Posts by Keywords, but with no luck, I'm suppose to go to Texas for training this year, but I need all you guys help until then, then I can put my two cents in and help someone. Thank You, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Undertaker48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back