Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 SLIPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneyguy1

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
I just installed a Point to Point T1 between an Opt 61 and a Opt 11. I keep getting frame errors, SLIPRP that I read is repetitive framing errors but I don't know what that means. Bell says its not with there circuit. Any ideas what is causing this?

Is this a T-1 or a PRI. Are the protocols set up the same at each end? What type of card at each end?

it is a PRI w/ DCH. Dual PRI card at the 61 and a DTM/PRI at the 11

Slips are normally a clocking issue hoe do you have yours set to clock?

Check your d-channels and make sure one end is set to Network and the other is set to USR. DO you have any other PRI's / T1's on these PBX's?

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Slips are layer 1 so not sure why dch (Layer 2) is getting a mention. Be one of a couple of things if you look in CEQU did you setup the frame the same on both ends? Then like hawks says clocking, do both switches have PSTN links that you are clocking from? If they do you could try temporary change the clock on one of the switches to use the TIE line and see if it goes stable (at which point there would be a good chance that the PSTN on that system would slip so do it out of hours). If swapping to the TIE stabilizes the link at least you know the rest of the setup is good.

If one of your systems doesn't have PSTN then it could be as simple as setting that one to clock from the TIE

Both ends are setup the same. Found that Bell was working on circuit and the 11 went into Free Run . Locked it to PCK and it's now running clean. Thanks for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back