Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2ear

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2007
US
How hard is it to change a T1 from AMI/SF to B8ZS/ESF? Can someone walk me through it?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi, I'm sure someone else can step you through it, but I may can help some. Are you changing from a T-1 trunk to a PRI or just the settings? If you are just changing the settings, then you will have to go to Ld 17 and change the CEQU. You may have to delete the trunks and rebuild them.

Don't forget to check your CSU for ESF/AMI settings as well. I once had an older unit that needed to be told that information and couldn't figure out why the new T1 just wouldn't work.

Pulled the CSU out of the mix and it worked fine and that's how I found it had some switches to set...

out your trunks and the dlop for the current T-1, rebuild it in the DLOP as esf/b8zs (b8s) in the switch config, then rebuild your trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back