Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 problem, getting dial tone instead of ringback tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolnick

Technical User
Jul 7, 2011
DO
Hello all,

I recently installed a PBX with a T1 line (IP Office 500v2) at a client's location. And everything is working according to plan, except for the fact that when you call the client the line will give you a dial tone for five seconds and then pass you on to an AutoAttendant. As you can imagine this is a bit confusing for people calling. Any idea what might be causing this? The T1 is configured AMI, D4, E&M - Tie, Wink-Start.

Type of PBX please. Does the voice mail handle the auto attendant or does the PBX?

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

The PBX is an IP Office 500v2. The AutoAttendant is handled by the PBX. I thought it might be the AutoAttendant too, but I tried redirecting the call to an extension and the dial tone persists.

A T1 doesn't have dial tone. The dial tone is generated by the PBX. I would check how the Avaya box is programmed to route incoming calls to the auto attendant.

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

I'll sniff around the auto attendant, thanks for the tip!

If any additional questions arise, post them in the IP Office forum. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

If you're getting dialtone, it is likely that you've got a mis-match on format. Does IPO show that you're receiving digits from the carrier? If so, the correct quantity of digits? Agree with Dexman - post in IPO forum for better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back