Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 on Nortel 0x32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krmpp

Vendor
Dec 8, 2016
US
I have a customer that currently has an 0x32 with R1T1 software and a DT1 card. They have fractional T1 service now and are getting a new T1 with 24 channels.
I provisioned channels 13 through 24, are there any other program changes that need to be made? At this point you can make outbound calls but not receive inbound calls.
Thank You for any help.

and are getting a new T1 with 24 channels"
Why are you programming ahead of time?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I'm not, I was there today to assist with the cut over to new service provider and could not get it to work.

Ok so they already have it.... not "getting one".

If it is a new T1 then I would say make sure that Norstar programming matches what ever the new T1 is, ask carrier for the info.
Assuming it's new because they switched carriers.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

What I am asking about is any Nortel programming I may have missed. I have made sure all carrier protocol is correct, the carrier has no info about Nortel other than what is needed under protocols and signaling. It is a 24 channel T1 that we have tried to turn up twice.

Yes I understand what you are asking.
Not knowing what you did (we cannot see your systems programming from here) makes it difficult to know if you missed something, at the same time you say you have done all the protocols correctly but we don't know that for sure.

Seems to me were are blind with no details given except software version and that you re-provisioned channels and said you did the protocols correctly.

These may not help me but they may help somebody help you:
-New carrier or channels added to current T1?
-Post your protcols
-How many Received Digits is the carrier sending?
-How many Digits do you have programmed?
-What is listed under Alarms and Events?
-LED status on the DTI card

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back