Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 not releasing lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2008
US
I have an existing customer who has an MICS with 5.0 XC software and a T1. The problem is that channels 24 and working towards one are seized after a call is made. It takes about a month to seize ten channels and they are a busy call center. It only happens on the outbound calls as channels 1 working towards 24 never become seized.

I scheduled a vendor meeting with the T1 provider and everything on their part looks great (no surprise) but they did they could see that our switch was not sending a release signal on the seized lines.

I replaced the T1 card and that did not cure the problem. I can go into provisioning and release the lines manually and they come right back up and then take weeks to become seized again?

Any help would be great!

Also, this is not a new T1 circuit or a new switch. I took over maintenance on this switch and this problem has been ongoing?

If the lines are programed as loop that is the problem.They need to be ground because the loop wont do a disconnect on a T1 circuit.The CO will need to change too.

I'm not on site but I usually set all my PRI the same for the most part.

The settings are:

BCHANSEQ: DESEND
COFAIL:TIA-547A
I/F LEVELS:ISDN
FRAMING: ESF
INTERNAL CSU: ON
CSU LINE BUILD:0
LINE CODING: B8ZS
CLOCKSRC: SECONDARY
LINES: E&M
POOL: A
Supervised

Also, I read a post that asked about whether the lines were set to ground or loop start. Doesn't the E&M (PRI T1)setting replace that? I thought your options are DID, E&M, LOOP or Ground? I don't think you can have both?

You don't have a PRI, if your lines are set to E&M, and have a 24th channel. PRI has 23 B channels, and 1 D channel, and your lines would be PRI. Why is your clocking secondary?, Do you have another DTI card?. It should be Primary.

Adversity is Opportunity

contact your telco provider and asked them if they have CO disconnect. They may have a different acronym for it but basicaly they need to send a disconnect when the line is released.

Spc NVARNG
[americanflag]
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back