Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qamgine

Programmer
Mar 6, 2001
US
Not really sure if this is the forum I should be posting in, so if you know where I should be please let me know.

I am an ameteur at T1 networking. Here is my setup currently.

I have two networks. One being a public with static IP's the second being private using DHCP on a IIS system. That computer has two NIC's one has the gateway of the router, the other had the gateway of the first NIC. The private network is able to hit my UNIX box which is on the public network that has a static IP.

Here is my problem. When I go to hook up the T1 it seems to be different as I can't just unplug the DSL and plug in the T1. I am a bit clueless on anything I am supposed to be changing. My ideal setup would be that the Private (192 octet) would be able to use an ip on the public network to access the internet etc. At this time my private network cannont browse the internet, but can hit the computers on the public network.

Running Windows 2K on my server box. Thanks in advance.

I would say that you just need to run NAT on your box. Also, check access lists, yours and your ISP. If that doesn't help, make sure you have your T1 properties set up correctly. Clock rate, ip address and other such deatils.

Are you trying to unplug a DSL modem/router and plugin a T1 router? What is the termination point for the T1, in other words what after the CSU/DSU do u have as far as hardware and setup? We need that info then move down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back