Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 Module with TimeWarner Versapack

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2lbt

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2004
US
I have a Partner ACS 6 with a T1 card FW ver 88.13. I am attaching the T1 with a pair rolled (1-4 2-5) RJ-48c cable to a integral Access Outburst SB DS1v card provided by Time Warner Telecom.

The DS1-V card has been tested with TimeWarner's T-Berd to be delivering a signal and the channels are starting on 9. I watched the field tech make a call on channel 9 with his test set. I confirmed that the provisioning setup on the Partner match his test set. I can loop back their DS1 with a loop back plug, or using the cable I made up with the loop back plug on the end and get the service providers DS1 to green up. This all tells me the Time Warner box is working.

On to the trouble

I cannot make the phone system green up under any circumstance. Straight through, or pair rolled nor with a Loop Back Plug. I can however make is grab a line and try to wink at their switch even though my T1 Card shows red. It will not return a dial-tone and after about 6-8 seconds I can punch DTMF on the keypad but nothing happens. When wired to the DS1v card I do not get any errors but both lights are still red. If I grab a line the Active light comes on but the Alarm light is still lit.

What I'm getting at, I'm looking for some people experience with this product, or possible to hire a tech that has worked with this setup. I'm not a Telco guy, I'm a data weenie, but I understand the basic setup of a T1.

So you are going through a time warner t1 card and from that into the Partner T1 card?

Basically, Time Warner provides a full Data T1, the OutBurst SB box provides the DS1 of Voice Trunks.

If I remember correctly, the Partner T1 card has no lights if it has signal from the LEC. If ther is traffic it has an amber light and if no signal it would be red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back