Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmario

Vendor
Nov 5, 2002
US
Have a customer getting a fractional T1 from XO. We want to have two pairs between their buildings for intercom paths instead of going with IP phones. Can anyone recommend the equipment needed for this? (something like the old "leased lines")Thanks

Without more info we're shooting in the dark here... You won't get two metallic pairs via a T1. You could potentially use two channels and FXO/FXS equipment to emulate analog telephones. Or Valcom makes paging over IP equipment that may be appropriate. Mostly depends on what you REALLY want to accomplish.
Mike

Yes, that's exactly what I want. Two analog "pairs" thru the T1! I'm looking to tie them together as with single line phones! Does that make sense?!

cmario,

What type of intercom equipment do you wish to connect to the DS1 channels?

What is the fractional DS1 connecting to now?

....JIM....

I'm trying to connect two Panasonic KXTA824 KSUs together with their single line ports. The T1 is mainly going to be used for data. This is proposed, it's not in yet! There is no equipment in place!

cmario,

Inorder to break out two channels you would need a DS1 add/drop multiplexer/channel bank. the two channels would be configured as FXO/FXS:

KXTA824 >--FXO--------->DS1 equip>-------FXS--> KXTA824
<--FXS---------<DS1 equip<-------FXO--<

As this is a simplified diagram, is this what you are trying to do?

ADTRAN makes equipment to do this, and others. Check out their web site: adtran.com the TSU600 series, the NetVanta series, etc. depending on what data requirements your client needs, you can get one box to do this for each end.

Jim, thanks for the info! It is very helpful. I'll be contacting the customer tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back