Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 Going up and down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcpaul

Programmer
Jul 22, 2004
US
Hello anyone,

Can anyone give me a tip about how to monitor a T1 thats swinging every few hrs.
Are there errors i can see if the DTI card is responsible?

bcpaul NYC

ld 60 do a lcnt x, x=the loop number all should be zero

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

ld 60
LCNT

ld 96
enable DCH monitoring for that D-channel.

this is what i see,
on LD 60
LCNT 5

BPV -000
SLIPD _886
SLIPR _000
CRC _000
LOSFA _004
OS_BPV _000
OS_LOSFA _000
OS_YEL _000

Any ideas,

Bcpaul
NYC

rcnt.. load 60 will take the counters back to 0.. your slips are usually caused by a clocking issue.. when the lcnt is = to you trsh value in ld 72 ddb (i think, my switch is at work, i'm not) ddb.. your t1 will go down.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I find bypassing the csu/dsu and monitoring the T-1 connected only from the smart jack to the DTI card Helpfull. If the T-1 stays up not connected to a T-1 CSU then your CSU was the problem. Change out the CSU.

Gook Luck.

Can anyone direct or tell me what's those counters means? In what kind of scenario will each counters will be triggered?

BPV -000
SLIPD _886
SLIPR _000
CRC _000
LOSFA _004
OS_BPV _000
OS_LOSFA _000
OS_YEL _000

Well the T-1 is not going out of service according to the readings. Is this T-1 the primary clocking source. LOSFA is loss of frame alignment counter and SLIPD is frame slip deletion counter. I would check your clocking to see if this is causing this. Check your T-1 clocking in LD 60 and print it out. Send it back to the Forum.

Well the T-1 is not going out of service according to the readings. Is this T-1 the primary clocking source. LOSFA is loss of frame alignment counter and SLIPD is frame slip deletion counter. I would check your clocking to see if this is causing this. Check your T-1 clocking in LD 60 to see if this T-1 is the primary clocked T-1.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE WHENEVER YOU SEE SLIPD ERRORS THEY ARE FROM A MISMATCH. FOR EXAMPLE THE T1 SHOULD BE ESF B8ZS AND SOMEONE ALONG THE WAY IS SET TO ESF AMI. TURN IT OVER TO YOUR T1 VENDOR

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

This is what i see

FHW003 24 LOOP OVERLOAD
DCH 5 RLS CTS DOWN TIME
DCH 5 RLS CTS DOWN TIME
DCH 5 EST ANTO REC TIME
FHW004 24 LOOP HAS BEEN AUTOMATICALLY DISABLED

THE LIGHT ON THE TMBI CC LED IS RED.

THE CLOCK IS SET TO FREE

THE DIDGITAL CARD BEING USED ISTMDI NTRB21AA RLS 10

ANY IDEAS

Bcpaul

have you reloaded you tmdi and dch with a fdl command.. chances are it is not your switch but always helps to check before you start screaming at your vendor

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back