Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighturn

MIS
Jun 19, 2008
BS
I am having a problem with my T1 card. Starting a few days ago what is happening is that the primary loop will become disable. the error is - "DCH: 70 RLS RED ALRM". when i enable the tmdi and dch in ld 96 then in ld 60 enll 2 everything will work for about half an hour then disable itself again. Where can i look to start troublshooting this problem.

Thanks

check your clock and counters for the loops.

Might try to disable that loop and force download the firmware to the TMDI card again.

Also,
I'm only going to state the obvious, but contact your local provider and make sure that noting is going on @ their end.

Also, also:

Take a look at your clocking.
Ld 60
ssck 0/1
If your running in freerun, you need to make a change.

SwitchWitch has your solution. Unless you have a bad connection at the NIU or CUS, it's your carriers problem. John Poole gave a simple solution using a 'loop back' plug to test back to the switch, but 99% of the time, it's the carrier. Make the call now.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

a red alarm is layer one.. check all your connections from the card to the smart jack.. if they are tight, it's the carrier..

can a card cause a red alarm? yes it theory, but after 35 years in this game i have not seen it happen once.. software or clocks can not cause red..

red alarms denote a sag condition. (significant air gap)

a yellow alarm denotes layer one is clean, but i can not sync or get a response from the far end..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back