Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
my T1 in a remote site is disabled. When i tried reenabling it i got a DTI30 alarm (loop is enabled but red (local) alarm exists. Whose responsible for a "local" alarm? My PBX vendor? AT&T? LEC? please advise as they cannot get any incoming calls. Thank you.

Did you try a loop back on this circuit facing the equipment/pbx?

What state are the csu's in?

Jack

Florida. Who does this loopback test? AT&T or Southwestern Bell?

also, what does SLIPD (frame slip deletion counter) mean exactly? this parameter is always off and i keeep getting DTA15 alarms. Is this a carrier or an equipment problem? thank you.

it's not a PRI circuit so there is no DCH, right? i'm far from a T1 expert so please verify. thanks.

When I asked for state I should have said status.

The loopback test should be done by the PBX vendor, just to verify that equipment is good.

As far as the slips, I'd bet that this is a carrier issue although I'd certainly verify my equipment before calling them.

Is there a ipe in the remote location or is this a opt 11. Trying to figure out what you have. Point to point t1 using trunking off main site?

don't know what an IPE is but I do know they have an option 11. is a point-to-point the same as a tieline? if so, then no, they don't have one.
Phonjack, you must think I am a complete idiot for giving the response of "florida" when you asked for the state!

I am trying to see if that t1 is used for connecting the cabinets together csu to csu and using call processing off the main cabinet or if they that t1 for trunking off of the remote cabinet. Obviously it is a remote but is it a remote to the pbx or just a remote site to you guys?
hang in there. this should not be on x-mas eve.

It's a remote to the PBX.
And why shouldn't this happen on Christmas Eve? it's par for the course in my life because the exact same thing happened at the exact same location the day before Thanksgiving!

T,

I must admit that I was LMAO when I read your response, but I do not think that you are an idiot.

Everyone has got to start somewhere and unfortunately now days there aren't enough mentors nor good buisness decision makers that appreciate the value of spending some up front money on training vs the potential return in lack of downtime/service interuptions.

Sorry to hear that your holidays aren't off to an uneventful start, but I do hope that you and yours have a wonderful holiday!!!!

well now you definitely WILL think I'm an idiot because I don't even know what LMAO means!
Even if my company sent me for training I am still expected to know everything and i would have to go to training for the rest of my life. I am the single telecom analyst for fourteen offices and am responsible for everything from line cords to T1 outages to PBX upgrades to POTS lines to new office openings and each of my tasks has a whole encyclopedia's worth of information behind it that I am expected to know. I have no res techs either. Just moi. Not complaining, mind you, just commenting. have a wonderful holiday too (PS: the reason I responded FLORIDA when you asked for state was becaus someone else had told me there was a cable cut in Miami this morning so i thought maybe you knew about that and that's why you were asking for the state!)

Red alarm is usually your side of the equip. I'm sure that a cable was cut or possibly a card went bad or something got disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back