Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 data bit usage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta3jbm

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2003
US
I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with a voice circuit on my PBX. I have been able to isolate the problem to the public phone network. In working with my vendor I have demonstrated the problem using a T-bird that displays the 8 bits on each channel. When the problem occurs the indicators for the first 6 bits go blank with the 7th indicator lit solid. Can anyone tell me what each of the 8 bits is used for on an AMI D4 circuit?

not anymore, that is published data but i don't remember the usage anymore. sorry. what are your symptons?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

JUST OFF HAND WHAT KIND OF PROBLEM DO YOU HAVE THAT YOU NEED TO SHOOT HE TROUBLE DOWN TO THAT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

The trouble is beeping during active calls.

HAVE YOU MONITORED THE CHANNELS TO SEE WHERE THE BEEPING IS COMING FROM

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

How are your voice channels configured as loopstart, ground, or E/M?

The A/B bit signalling for D4 is standard for the given types. I have a technote from the Adtran website but I have to find where I put it. Here is the link:

It has all the signalling bit patterns for FXO, FXS, E/M....

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back