Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyler

Technical User
Jul 6, 2003
US
Here's my problem. I have a point to point DS3 between two of our sites that provides 14 T1s between to centers. At one site we have an Opt 81 and at the other a Rockwell Spectrum ACD. When we experience an outage on the DS3 the T1s come back in service on both ends but the on the Nortel the channels on the T1s are disabled. This requires me to cycle the T1s on the Nortel and then the channels are fine. Is anyone aware of a setting that I could change that would prevent the channels from getting disabled after an outage. Oddly enough, if I walk up to the DS3 at the Rockwell end and pull the plug on a T1 and then plug it back in the T1 and channels will come back up on the Nortel. My problem only occurs when the DS3 has an outage. Thanks.

What alarms does the PBX generate when the DS3 fails? You should up the value of the threshold alarm that shows up when the DS1 fails.

It maybe an issue with the DS3 generating an blue signal on the M13 (DS3 to DS1 mux). This cause a massive amount of bipolor violations and may exceed the M1 alarm threshold. You can change the Threshold tables to alow for a higher amount of violations before the circuit alarms out.

Thanks and I'll look at my thresholds and alarms.

try these parameters
TRSH 00
RALM 128
BIPC 0
LFAC 0
BIPV 4 4
SRTK 24 3600
SRNT 1024 1024
LFAL 17 511
SRIM 1
SRMM 2
ICS

they have help a lot

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I can't seem to remember where to create a new threshold. Is it in LD 73? If so what is the opening prompt? Thanks PerryPJ.

just do a chg type will be ddb

sorry yes it's ld 73

Thanks PerryPJ. I let you know the results. Of course, I'll have to wait for the DS3 to go down.

PerryPJ. I realized today that I had tried a new threshold a couple of months ago with the paremeters you listed and it didn't have any effect. Back to the drawing board I guess. Thanks though.

Do you have a CSU on the Nortel side?. If not you may need one

Don't know if this will help, but this is what I was told in some class I took and seems to work for our 8 switches.

TRSH 00
RALM 128
BIPC 0
LFAC 0
BIPV 4 4
SRTK 1 3600
SRNT 1024 1024
LFAL 10240 10240
SRIM 1
SRMM 127
ICS

I'll look at my threshold and compare. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back