Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T1 cable to RJ 45 for OPT 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

1brc

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
Can anyone tell me how to make a cable to go from an OPT 11 to a RJ 45 jack to run a T1 with out a CSU?

do you have the rj 45 or do you have the 25 pair on the option 11? either way on the rj45, swap pins 1 and 2 with pins 4 and 5, turs over the transmit/rec. the csu turns them over so removing it require you to duplicate that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

amphenol pins 24 and 49 are M1 receive,
amphenol pins 23 and 48 are M1 transmit.

All this AFAIR. Regards.

those are vilot green and vilot brown pairs, if your into that cable they go to pins 1 2, 4 5 on the rj 45.. without a csu, vilot green are pins 1 and 2,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks All, I Really appreciate the help.

Something didn't work right with this set up. I cut the end off of the cable that would normally be used to connect the switch to a CSU and put a RJ45 on as described here. Problem is that MCI couldnt see the switch when connected. I cut the 45 off and twisted the pairs together to loop it back to them and that was fine. I then connected the pairs to loop back to the switch and was able to enable the loop. What did I do wrong? also this morning I checked to see if the enabled loop was still up and all the channels were in LCKO. Do I need a clock controller card on this T1 card it is an NTAK09AA Meridian DTI/PRI? This second loop has a backup D channel on it.

sounds like you have the right pairs because loop back works.

Try rolling transmit and recieve
RJ45 pins 1,2 with 4,5
DB15 pins 1,9 with 3,11

you need at least one clock controller.. but the post is right, if the loop is good and your using the 25 pair cable , swap vil gre/gre vil and vil bro/bro vil...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

what do you get in 60 ssck 0? the clock needs to be added to ld 73 ddb... but the provider can't see the t1, that is not because of a clock issue.. in 60 stat the t, if the loop is good you will see no alarms.. when you enll x, the loop will come up, the d will est (45 seconds).. the (15 seconds) rls wronge mode.. that is due to the user prompt, that can't match.. on a loop back they do match.. your switch is looking for user net.. but that is a clear test of wireing and software... after that is right, poliatry is the only problem.. you can check that with a meter.. the transmit from the provider will have voltage, your transmit will have voltage... those need to go to the far end rec pairs... the pair itself does not matter, the same signal is on both side of transmit pair to and from the switch...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Let's start over from the beginning. There is a T1 already up and running on loop 1 with dch 10. We are adding loop 2 with a back up dch 11 that will simply be an extension of the first one so we will have 46 channels 1 primary dch and 1 backup dch. The existing loop is working fine and the clocking is on loop 1 with free run as the secondary. I think there may need to be a daughter board on the second loop card for the secondary clock or maybe even the dch but I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back