Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-! Issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

customcomm

Programmer
Oct 11, 2005
US
I have a modular ICS and it currently has a D4AMI T-1 on it with 200 DID #'s and loop start lines. They are switching providers and they want to switch to esf b8zs which is easy enough to change in programming but they are bringing it in aon a adtran and coming to me on the dsx1 port and it appears the switch likes the circiut but when I select a trunk it is silent then comes up and says not in service. The provider says the circuit is up on those channels. I am not sure what else to checkk or do? Please send any suggestions

If you have 200 DID numbers comming in the channels should be E&M wink not loop start.

you also need to make sure that the adtran is passing the channels on to the tel sys and that you have the nortel disable the channels that the adtran is picking off. (assumption is that the adtran is splitting data channels off for networking else why use it)

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thank You I will try this and I did forget to let you know the lines are now setup as E&M lines Thanks for the help

I have a Mics with a t1 card that is linked to a mitel 3300 the t1 is up and running. but with a few problems there is a 13 second delay when dialing out local and long distance #'s will not go out over the t1 I have watched the traffic from the mitel and it is only receiving 10 digits. when the tenth digit is received the nortel puts out a busy signal. any suggestions I have tried changing about every setting on the nortel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back