Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-1 to PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMTdoN

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
I am changing from a fraction T-1 to a PRI circuit.
Colud somebody refresh my mem on the ld's used and anything that may be an issue.

Thanks,
Don

switch type? pretty much the same..

ld 17
chg
cequ and all a pri loop

ld 17
chg
adna and add the dch

ld 16
and add the route

ld 14
new 23
and add the trunks

ld 96
enl msdl x fdl (take it down if it's working) dis msdl x all

ld 60

rcnt x

enll x

wait 30 seconds, you will see dch est.. stat.. go home

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John.. U R DA BEST... I hope it goes that well.. SW= Option 11 with a NTRB21AB card.. Still the same, right?
As I read it the card has a built d-channel or did I read it wrong.

Don

yes the opt 11 uses a msdl style daughter board, the device number must be unique, you'll need that to program against and if it's a tmdi, add ld 96 enl tmdi x enl serv x to the mix

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Is that on the PRI card? Is there a way to find out if it is there in software or is it always there? How would I find the device number? or does it just need to be diff. than any others in the system?

NTRB21AB is a TMDI card and the D channel is in software. You need to go into LD 22, REQ = SLT, and make sure you have TMDI D-CHANNELS available. In 25.10 & .30 you had to pay for each; after that, they gave you 64 licenses.

above rls 3, your slt for tmdi is clean,,if this is the 1st pri for that switch, check net_data (ld 21 prt net) then if needed ld 15 chg net to answer ISDN YES.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks.. Yes this is the first PRI in the switch. Currently there is 1 T-1 in the switch but it is being converted to the PRI. Anything change?

If you are reusing the same card/slot for PRI as you are for DTI you have to completely out the programming for the card (trunks included) then recreate with the correct parameters for PRI.

OK.. So I tried it.. No Go. When I go to turn up the dch it does not come up. If I stat msdl I get it is man dis.
If I try to enl/dis msdl 2 I get an sch- stating the msdl card does not exist is that location.
Did I do something incorrect?
Could somebody be specific on how to set up the msdl for dch along with the dch.

thanks,
Don

stat msdl, man disable is face plate disable.. after you flip the switch then enl msdl x fdl in 96

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Go to LD 96, STAT TMDI. Also, STAT DCH. Post the output.

From your NT number description you have a TMDI card. You might try DIS TMDI x, then ENL TMDI x FDL to force a full software download of the card.

I will send this in a bit.. I need to get the txtr off of the laptop

Thanks guys..

Here is some config an at the end msdl commands..

Thanks again..
Don

.stat dch 2

DCH 002 : DSBL RST AUTO
DES : dch
ADAN new dch 2
CTYP msdl
CDNO 0
CDNO 1
PORT 1
DES dch2
USR pri
IFC d100
DCHL 0
DCHL 2
PRI 2
OTBF
DRAT
RLS
RCAP
MBGA
TIMR
LAPD

stat msdl

MSDL 2: MAN DSBL
stat msdl 2

MSDL 2: MAN DSBL
DCH 2 DIS PORT 1
.enl msdl 2
MSDL028

manual disable is the on/off switch in the off position.. check again, if not get a new msdl

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I do not recall seing an on/off switch on the card or daughter board. Where might it be?

Thanks,
Don

on an opt 11, there isn't one that i know of. show us the output of enl tmdi x then enl msdl x fdl enl both in 96, if your dch is on the tmdi, it has to be enl before the daughter board

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back