Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-1 to PRI circuit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro67

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
Hi all we currently have an option 11 rls.4 with a ntak09 card for a T-1 my question is what daughter board do i need if i'm using the ntak09 card and i have a pri on the way....i have to different answers ntak93 or ntbk51ba so i need your expert help!

either one

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

either db can be used as suggested, however, this all depends on the protocol you plan on using for the PRI.

The 51ba is a downloadable db and can be used with all protocol. The 93 is limited on what protocol it can used, since it's not downloadable.

the 93 is built as DCHL in the ld 17 pprogramming and the 51 is built as an MSDL

Thanks,

Buddy

Odds are your going to be using the NI2 Protocol, if so you will need the 51BA daughterboard.

The 93 will not do NI2.

where can i find what type of signaling my T-1 is? if i stat the loop in ld60 is see esf b8zs (is this the signaling)or is it in the T.N. when i print that out is see em4 signaling. which signaling would tell the provider i need for a new t-1

You may want to consider replacing the NTAK09 card with the newer TMDI card, NTRB21AA/AB/AC. This card has the D-channel handler built in. Since you have a CS4.00T system it is supported. The NTBK51BA has been MD by Nortel although it should be available through other channels. The PRI does not use signaling on the individual channels, the D-channel does all the work.

camaro you will not see a protocol for the T1 you'll only get that when you go to PI service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back