Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-1 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

beybros

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
We install a new BCM 400 3.7 with two T1s. The first T1 (bus 7- line 61-84) is working fine. Our second T1 is connected to a Micom unit. This DSXI port on the Micom unit is set up like a t-1. Just to let you know we switch from an Option 11 c to BCM 400 and the set was working fine.

This is what I know, software show t1 enable with 24 lines (bus 6 – line 91 – 114) and 16 ports have provision and 8 are not available. I setup route 001 with pool b for line 91-114 and dial plan destination 8A/route 001. When I dial 8 and a number I receive no free lines. What can I do?

make sure the lines 91-114 are not set as loop start lines.. would be my first step and make sure the absorb length is correct.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

I set the absorb length to zero.We used numbers like 845 and 817 to reach the different sites.

Did you deprovision the lines that you can not use in programming?

I deprovision 8 lines 91-98. when we dial 8 the system tell me no free lines. How can I fix this?

Did you deprovision the correct 8 channels? If this is a normal T1 then you can assign the lines themselves to a phone. Then just access them by hitting the botton this way you can test them before trying to do the Rout & Desti. I would assign maybe the 1st 2 or 3 and the last 2 or 3 channels to a phone just to see if I get dial tone.

We replace our cat5 cable with a T1 cross cable and change line pool. KNOW, we are able to dial 8 and receive dial tone. After we dial the 8 then 45/70/etc.,we do not hear any tones but are able to see the digits accross the screen. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back