Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-1 ISP recommendation for Los Angeles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2001
US
Can anyone recommend any ISPs in the Los Angeles area to provision full T-1 internet access (or any to avoid)? I've got a friend looking for recommendations and I've never dealt with the Left Coast... :)
-Steve

I have had great luck with UUNet and Williams. If your friend is looking for a full T-1 unmetered, then I go with Willaims. If a metered usage is acceptable, then UUNet is the better deal. With UUNet they assume that you are a normal business and don't use the T-1 but 50% of the time. If that isn't the case, then williams is the one. I have provided Williams Full T-1's for $985/month including everything except the router. That is the T1 line, ISP services and as many IP addresses as you need. If you like, have your friend give me a call or email me. jmatson@abns.com ( 425-222-9555

If your friend is near Orange County Irvine area, try QOL.com, they provide excellent services and full T1. I know they are significantly cheaper than most ISPs and they use SBC and Williams backbone with their own private fiber. And unlike other ISPs that are going out of business, I think QOL is actually financially secured. I don't know their phone # but I'm sure their website has all the info you needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back