Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-1 downloads at 100kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragod10

Programmer
Dec 16, 2000
US
I have recently (Dec 10) had an installation of a T-1 from Network access solutions and since the install have had the same problem. Dowloads are never better than 150kpbs and usually around 100 kbps. Uploads, however are great at almost always the full 1.5 mbps. We're using a netopia 5300 router and I've contacted netopia and had them look at the router remotely. They were unable to find anything wrong and I am unable to see any errors or other problems on the line, witht the exception of some BECN & FECN's. Does anyone have any ideas???

Eddy

Sounds like you might be having problems with you ISP. Are they a majoy internet backbone provider or just a local ASP that buys access to the major backbones?

If you are connected to a local ISP, they are more than likely oversubscribed on their requirements.

There is also the question of where are you downloading from and uploading to? If these are the same location, then it is almost 100% the ISP you have.

I provide internet connections only from the backbone providers for this very reason. Let me know if I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back