Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-1 Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

wspence

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
US
Telco is proposing a T-1 to a customer (PRI not available). I have never known Telco to provide caller id on a T-1, is it possible?

and my experience has been that if you can get the telco to do ANI, with Nortel equipment you can't do ANI and DID at the same time on a non-PRI t1... it's one or the other.

I have hooked up a t-1 with caller id to a bcm. It should be the same. The user will only get caller id number not name. Everything else worked fine.

Yes with 7.0 software I know (maybe 6.1 not sure) there is an actual heading asking if your expectng ANI. Set that to yes this way it will take the ID info (number only) and the DID info. But jgideon was correct, in ealier software I don't think you could do both.

good to know they've improved the software :) I'll have to ask around and see if they've fixed it on the big switches now, too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back