Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Systems Events/Alarms/Voicemail Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangigem

Programmer
Aug 14, 2003
US
ip500v2 rel 9.0.2.860
I have enabled SMTP and System Events to receive emails for alarms. Two items that I cannot find information on -
1. System sends "The following system resources are all in use: Voicemail Channels" when the 4 ports associated with the Preferred Edition license are in use even though there are two additional voicemail ports licensed in the system not currently being used. (Want to alarm only when all 6 ports are in use)
2. Cannot locate information as to definitions of what constitutes a severity level of Warnings or Minor or Major or Critical.

I have looked at the Avaya Manager and System Status docs. Thanks in advance for any insight
Danny

1) Those 2 extra VM ch, have you reserved them for AA's, Announcements, or anything else?
Then you would get a warning on all in use, even if it's 4 out of 6.

2) F1> Search> "Alarms"

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I have been looking for a clear definition of what constitutes a warning, minor, major, and critical alarm as well. Any luck?

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS û SME

Tried the Help files (or KB)?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

yeah and that tells me what kind of notifications come with each check box, but not what comes when I set different severity levels.

It just says,
"· Warnings
All events, from Warnings to Critical, are sent.

· Minor
Minor, major, and critical events are sent. Warnings are not sent.

· Major
Major and critical events are sent. Warnings and minor events will not be sent.

· Critical
Only critical events are sent."

Obviously I have a good idea of what qualifies as "Critical" and "Warnings" but what about the others.

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS û SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back