Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Systematics Accord data format

Status
Not open for further replies.

phita

Programmer
Jun 8, 2001
KE
Hi,
Does anyone know the file format that the old Systematics Accord for DOS uses? My client uses Systematics Accord but we want to migrate his data into our accounting system written in VFP 6.0. The problem is I don't know the format of the data files used by Systematics. Please give suggestions on how to approach this.

Thanks,

Peterson.

Peterson,
It was often the case that DOS programs used a proprietary file format, and the extension meant nothing. I'd first check to see if the old program had any Export capability. If not, maybe you can "report" most of the data to a file and then import this into a speadsheet and fix it for import into VFP.

Rick

Unfortunately, the program has no export capabilities. And when printing, there are no options of printing to a file. It directly sends the data to the printer.

Peterson.

Peterson,
When you run under Windows, you should be able to redirect any port to a file. Worst case, if the data is really critical, you could always scan the printed reports and convert them to a file (using an OCR utility).

Rick

If you still have the problem, let me know.

Of course, Systematics Accord has full export capability and also prints to disk.

The Windows version even reads the data from Accord and converts in to MS-Access database.

Check also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back