Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system32 doesn't get backed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptb

Vendor
Jan 9, 2002
SE
We have seen this problem in a few different W2k/Exchange2k Cluster systems, where the System32 directory doesn't get backed up with a scheduled backup session if All or C:\ is specified as Savesets. Just Standard NT directive is used.

Any ideas?
Cheers

Same problem occurs when backing up a Windows 2000 Server running Share Portal Server.

Our workaround for this is defining a seperate client with saveset "C:\winnt\system32".

Regards,
StefanS

That makes three of us. We have a case opened with Legato at the moment, but no information on any solution. Yet... ;)

Ok. Keep us posted if they do come up with a fix for it.
It's a rather nasty bug so they better fix it ASAP!
There are probably lots of other people out there also affected, only they dont know it yet... I guess Legato wont tell them either since we havent heard anything from them about this and last time I looked there were no info about this issue on their website.

I have a strong feeling that you are right about us not being the only ones...

Out of curiousity, what hardware platform are all of you running? We've seen it on several Compaq server. I believe that Legato, unfortunately, thinks it's related to that platform, so any additional information would be appreciated!!

// Matts

I don't really have any new information regarding this, I only wanted to tell you all that Legato has confirmed this to be a bug! :) This means they are working on SOMETHING, the question is what...!?

// Matts

So, something is happening! :) We've received a patch for this problem and are currently testing it. I will get back with further information.

// Matts

OK... The LGTpa for this bug is LGTpa33216. It includes updated versions of the following files:
nsrarchive.exe
save.exe
savepnpc.exe

// Matts

Sorry, the LGTpa should be LGTpa35394, nothing else... :)

// Matts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back