Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Unlicensed after reformatting sd card 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nxtlvl

Vendor
Apr 15, 2005
US
Hello all,
I installed an Avaya ip office 500 v2 r8.1 and had issues recording the greetings for the embedded voicemail. So through other posts on the forum it looked like the best way to fix would be to remove the sd card and reformat it through manager and then recreate it. Followed all these suggestions and now phones say system unlicensed. I have tried to remove licensing and rebooting and reinstalling licensing and rebooting but still having issue. Strange thing is system shows active licenses inside manager. Any help would be appreciated as I couldn't find any other posts with this scenario.

I guess you used a newer version of Manager than the system was originally running, so after you recreated the SD card and refitted it, the system upgraded itself, so you're now unlicenced for that firmware level :)

Amriddle is almost certainly correct.

If you are selling & installing IP Office you should already know this.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You need to install the version of manager you are licensed for on your PC and repeat the procedure all over again. Licensing is tied to major release. IE you can go from 8.1 X to any other 8.1X and your license is good. If you went from 8.0X to any 8.1X you need to purchase licensing to make it work.

Amriddle01 you hit it right on the money. Thank you for clearing the fog between my ears with a swift kick. I think I had a snickers moment. I used a new laptop yesterday with r9 on it. Used my old laptop with r8.1 manager to reformat and everything came back up. Dan1765 thanks for the extra info, I appreciate the help.

did you have to format because the sd card full with very large clp file or files

Couttsie, I believe this is an ongoing problem for the embedded voicemail every since the beginning release that the formatted sd card contained an error but not sure. You would have to direct question to someone much more experienced than me on this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back