Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

system status doesn't work 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipandring70

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
US
Old laptop died so I got a new one. loaded IPO admin 9.1.6.0 build 153 everything works except System Status. when I try to open it the command prompt comes up:

C:\Program Files (x86)\avaya\IP\System Status>start javaw.exe -jar ssaviewer.jar

X Windows cannot find "javaw.exe" Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again
OK
anyone else had this problem?
Thanks

It has to do with your Java software. I have had this problem since 9.1. Maybe someone has a permanent fix, but we correct by making sure your Java is up to date and then do a repair via the windows installer on the IPO Admin file.

I am sure there was an answer to this on the forum a while back.

I have a desktop shortcut with the target as

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\System Status\ssaviewer.jar"

This just has a Java icon but in theory this can be changed.

Running IP Office 8.1 and the latest Java.

you can use Joe's Method or you can do following:
copy JavaW.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\javaw.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\System Status\

Open manager -> File ->Advanced 0> System status . System status will actually run this way, even if you getting the java error message when trying to run it through the shortcut

or fix as per posts above

Why do people wanna copy javaw.exe to different locations, what happens when Java is updated?

Just point the shortcut directly to ssaviewer.jar as ipohead said and is mentioned in all the other threads on the same issue.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Or just open System Status from within Manager.

| ACSS SME |

Or Avaya could release a version that doesn't reference incorrect locations, or installs a separate instance that doesn't change, I still can't pin it to the taskbar anymore even after trying all the moves/fixes, I gave up and use a shortcut now :)

I go to Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\System Status, right click on ssaviewer.jar and Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut)
Go to Start, All Programs, Ip Office, right click on System Status, Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut)
Right click on the ssaviewer.jar shortcut, select Properties, press Ctrl-C to copy the Target (which is already highlighted)
Right click on the System Status shortcut, select Properties, press Ctrl-V to paste the target you just copied
Drag the System Status shortcut back into the folder for Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\System Status
Right click and DRAG the System Status shortcut to the Start Button, and you now have it pinned to your start menu with the correct icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back