Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Status Application won't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatch

Technical User
Jul 19, 2012
US
[mad]Hi! Im having touble with SSA. I launch it, the Icon appears on the screen for a split second, then disappears. Then nothing else happens. No SSA, although its icon is in the taskbar at the screen bottom. It used to work- then something happened. It's an IP Office 406V2 R5. The Admin Suite is Version 7.0 (26), and the PC runs Windows 7 Pro SP1 in a Microsoft Small Business Server domain.
I don't know if this is relevant, but when I look in Task Manager's Processes, I see that javaw.exe version 7.0.170 starts up when I launch SSA.
I have rebooted the PC, and uninstalled & re-installed the Admin Suite with no change to the problem.
Any clues about where to look for what is stalling SSA? I have a bug to fix that needs it!
Thank you,
Perplexed

I would remove then reinstall java, that will be the issue :)

"No problem monkey socks

+1 I have had the same issue with SSA and Xima.
This is a Java issue.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

+1 also I had this happening on 2 PC's that a Java upgrade broke it and I had to reinstall Java

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Gentlemen! Thanks for the quick response. I did uninstall Java, and reinstalled the latest rev. The problem remained unchanged. I ininstalled-reinstalled the Admin suite, in case the new Java hadn't been "seen". I dinked around the User Account for permissions, and tried settings in User Account Control and various security settings, all to no avail...
So i sacrificed a chicken on top of the 406v2 white chanting the MAC address. Messy, but this worked. I was inspired to look at the actual SSA shortcut, which led me to the Programs/Avaya/IP Office/System Status folder, where the file "Index.html" was revealed. The shortcut to SSA calls out the file "ssaviewer.jar" in that folder, which fails. But "Index.html" works after you reject Java's security nag. So I have a workaround.
Your fix should have worked, and maybe there is something I looked in the security settings. I give up. I'll use Index.html. I have bigger chickens to fry.

you can also try and just put in the IP address of the IPO and open it that way

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

The index.html is the web version but it still uses java to run but it uses the java version on the IPO and not on the PC.
Your PC has a java problem for sure.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Java 7 update 13 and newer may have disabled the browser plugin. Open the Windows Control Panel then Java Control Panel. Goto the Security tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back