Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2002
GB
I've just got a brand new IP500 installed and seems to be running very slow. If I ping it I can get 99ms if I'm lucky, this means I can't use or install the phone manager software. I suspect (although don't know) that it is either conecting via our WAN or over the internet, however I can't cant see and extra settings that need fixing. I've given it the same IP as are old Avaya system which always worked lovely.

IPO will deal with pings as a low priority if the cpu is doing all sorts of other things. Pnig time is not neccesarily a good indicator in this scenario.

Why would that stop installing the pm anyway? Have you tied using it? What happens?

Can you give us more info about your layout/topology.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Was this an alchemy unit (black) before the upgrade? or a white box avaya

If it was an Alchemy - ensure that you have removed windows operators console (or at least stopped from running). This software pounds the IP office and clogs up the IP interface.

Just a thought...

If it wasn't an alchemy unit, try running amonitor trace on the lan1 interface and see what is going on...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thank you. It was a black Alchemy. Is the system was only put in last Thursday so people may still be running the old callmanager software (although it's not working). I'll run round and remove the access. Surely installing the new software on the new system will have the same effect.

>may still be running the old callmanager software

They may be and it may work sort of...

However Windows Operator Console / eBLF is a different animal designed for a different phone system... I have run into this on many occasions. I'd guess your receptionist has / had this software. I really would uninstall it...

Take Care

Matt

the Alchemy Phone manager application also slugs the IPO while trying to connect
remove Alchemy phone manager from all users!

Do you think the changing the sytem IP from the same as our old Alchemy model to different one will work?

It will (probably) work, but the best answer is to unistall the old software.

Take Care

Matt

I think you may have already found the cause of your slow connection.

There are a few other things that can cause this too incase you get stuck.

One is over sized configs.
The other is meshed SCN/IP Route topology's on the ip office

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

Unistalling the previous software seemed to sort it out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back