Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System speed dial access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixin

Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
US
I have one ext out of many that can not use system speed dial. It is in the same tenant, same COS. SV8300 system. What could block it?

check Cmd 1202 or alternatively adjust cmd 15 to suit the class assigned to that station in Cmd 1202

Yes checked class of service. Same as the other working phones.

Is it a legacy or an ip phone, I'm thinking location setting (a long shot I know).

Legacy phone. But I like your thinking!
Checked toll restriction and that is the same as well.

Oh yes. Same problem different phone. Speed access is **XX. If they dial **13 lets say, there is a 5 second pause then busy signal. Real head scratch-er.

Strange and unusual problems are many times fixed with a system reset. That might be your next step. You could try moving it to a different port in the system, or delete the phone and reinstall it. A deletion and rebuild brings many program options back to default.

Always found Shifting the offset used to fix these strange things on the IPS/IVS/120 Range .
If you note its settings , then CCC the len , program a dummy number on a different len and then put it back it may work.

CCC and then reprogram on same len will often result in some original data being retained.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

You can also try deleting it then using the copy wizard in matworx to set it the same as a known working phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back