Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System speed dial access from single line phone? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewillie

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
FR
I have a Legend R7 V12. I am hooking up a standard single line portable phone through a 012 module. I can access an outside line by entering 9 or dial intercom stations directly.

The problem is that I can not dial a system speed dial number. On my old Merlin II that could be done by pressing #600 (or whatever the number was).

Also, according to the documentation, I should be able access call waiting by pressing the flash and #87. That does not work as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The manual states for Single-Line Phones:
"To dial a Personal Speed Dial or System SPeed Dial number using a single-line telephone, lift the handset and, while listening to inside dial tone, dial # and the speed dial code."

Did you do this dialing while at inside dial tone?

For Call Waiting, has the extension been programmed to have it? The default is "no." Does that extension have coverage? If so, perhaps the call is going to a covering phone instead of waiting at your single-line extension. Are you hearing the call waiting tone?

If you are hearing the tone, and pressing the Flash button, then #87, something must be defective. Does the flash button work in other circumstances? Or are you simulating Flash by depressing the switchook?

I am getting an inside dial tone (and can dial inside extensions). It is just the speed dial that does not work.

I have also programmed the phone for call wating and I do hear the call waiting tone. I can emulate a rotary phone (though I have not configured the port that way) by flashing (using the switchhook) and hanging up. The phone then rings and I can pick up the waiting call - but can't get back to the original call.

Thanks for your help.

have you tried a different telephone set on this port?

I have a fax machine hooked up to another port with the same behavior.

I'm thinking that I may have missed something in the setup.

Thanks,

Evan

Is the t/r port allowed to dial the number directly, without using a speed dial access code?

In looking through the documentation and deduction, what seems to be happening is that the system fails to recognize the "#" as an "activate feature" signal.

Any idea why that may be or how I can change it?

Thanks,

Evan

I thought maybe the line is enabled as rotary, but I tested that here, and my speed dial worked. Maybe your TTR is bad... the 'testing' procdure is TTR test by dialing *04 + (01-18) 123456789*0#...

Is there anyplace I can find more documentation on the testing procedure? When I dial *04 on an intercom line I just get a warbling sound.

Thanks,

Evan

The only place I've seen it is in this forum, so maybe someone will provide more specific details.

Check your disallow list 7. By default * is an entry that list. Just remove the single line station from that disallow list and test the TTR's from there. I still want to know if you have tried dialing the same number directly that the speed dial is dialing. additionally, try to fwd the s/l phone to another to test if it really is recognizing the # or not. Try #33 + any ext in the system to fwd. Then #33 and the s/l ext to remove.

The *04 has to be done from a single line set. If you Dial *04 from a digital or Hybrid set you will get the Warble tone. There should be no need to remove the * from Dis. 7 because you arn't trying to access a line....it is being used as a feature code. It seems as though you have some bigger issues than the TTR's. When you tested with the Fax, was it on the same card? If it was...do you have anymore S/L cards in your system. As well, can you go off hook on a digital set and dial #600. You should be able to. Just some thoughts.

Thanks for all the help.

GoKings -
-None of my stations are associated with disallow list 7.
-I can dial the system speed dial number directly from the s/l phone.
- #33 to enable/disable call forwarding is recognized (The system does recognize the #)

jinxs -
- When I dial *04 from a single line set, I don't get a warble...just then. When I type more digits 04123456789*0# I begin to get warbling after the 04 (my 012 module is in slot 4)
- I only have 1 012 module and the fax is attached to another port on that module. System speed dial worked perfectly from a single line phone before I upgraded my processsor card from a Merlin II to a Legend R7 V12 (CKE3 processor).
- #600 works from analog (BIS) phones in my system (via a preprogrammed button). I do not yet have any digital phones to test.

Apreciate all the thoughts and help.

Evan

O.k., maybe you don't have a forth TTR. The 04 is for the TTR # not the slot #. Try 01...or 02. Next, the Merlin II and Legend are completely different systems. Although it was an upgrade..consider it a whole new install. Is your system in Key mode or Hybrid PBX. The T/R ports require a 9 to be dialed in both modes, yet the Hybrid phones do not in key mode. Is there a 9 before the phone number in System speed dial 600. Just some more thoughts.

That is it!!!!

The system speed dial sequence requires a 9 to grab an outside line on the single line phone. That was not the case for the Merlin II processor.

I have to program a separate set of system speed dial numbers for the single line phones (using a 9 first). I'm glad I finally understand what is going on, but it does not seem all that smart.

Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back