Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System.ServiceProcess Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1l

Programmer
Dec 21, 2002
US
I'm completely new with VB2005 and this is probably obvious. I'm been learning with Visual Studio 2005 Standard and need work with the services. I've think I'm on the right path... using

System.ServiceProcess

But I get an error ServiceProcess is not a Class of System?
Is there something I must first Declare? Or is it because the Standard Version doesn't contain all the classes for System?

Tony

the classes are there but the standard version is not capabale of compiling a service. So you have to reference the dll. via project --> rightclick --> add reference --> choose files named System.service... .

And then you will need to compile it manualy. (google will have to help you there.)

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

My Blog
"In a system where you can define a factor as part of a third factor, you need another layer to check the main layer in case the second layer is not the base unit." - jrbarnett

That was it. I wrote a program that kills the print spooler and now works perfectly. Thanks so much!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back