Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Serial Number Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliderplot

Technical User
Jun 9, 2011
US
Hello,

I am new to Nortel switch CS1000 Option 11c and trying to get switch serial number. I have already gotten the software version using LD 22 ISS and TID information, but when I use LD 137 and use command .SDID I get invalid command. Am I missing something or what is the correct command.

Thanks

The output received after entering the TID command in LD22 is your system serial number. What release are you running?

ps.....

The SDID command in LD137 can take a few seconds to respond back.

Yes,

I did do the LD 137 and entered .SDID and that is when I go the command invalid statement.

Here is the info I get from LD 22 and command ISS

Call/Server/Main Cab
Version 2121
Release 4
Issue 50 W

TID as suggested in ld 22 is your serial number.

You said...
"I did do the LD 137 and entered .SDID"
|
Hate to ask a potential stupid question, are you literally putting a period in front of SDID? If so.....don't.

Good question.

No the system command prompt inserts . then I enter SDID.

What is it you are actually after like you have said TID gives you the site ID against the call server, something else you are looking for?

You have a Option 11c based hardware and SDID won't be of any help to you. As stated above the TID command in LD 22 gives you the site ID.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back