Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System restore not working!! HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wullie

Programmer
Mar 17, 2001
GB
When i use system restore my system is deleting any restore points after i reboot. I have tried to disable system restore,reboot then enable again but with no joy!! Anyone out there help me with this?? PLEASE!!

My Windows ME System Restore also loses it's memory at various unexpected times. I've also noted that when we change over to a new month I can't go back to the previous month to access stored Restore Points. I've got the Memory alotment for System Restore set at the maximum [1170MB] so I don't think that's the problem. I wondered if the Restore Points were ALL being deleted when the SysRest. memory got full, as I frequently create Restore Points before adding new hardware/software (that's what SysRest. is there for, right ?). If the whole SysRest. memory is being dumped upon reaching capacity then IT WOULD SURE BE NICE IF THE USER COULD GO BACK AND DELETE RESTORE POINTS TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING !!!

Hi RAMXG1 I see you had the problem I have been having except now Sysrestore doesnt work at all. something to do with a September date. I even tried downloading the patch but nothing happens. I cant go back beyond the current day. Have you had any success or been able to sort it out at all. Everytime I enable sys restore and close down the system it restores the disable. It has been driving me crazy.Would appreciate an answer.

regards
shirleyOwl

Well I know for a fact the system restore will not restore to any point created after Sept 8, 2001. The algorithm that Microsoft used to create restore points is faulty. The patch they released "should" correct the issue. The file name is 290700usam.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back