Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System respond 1 hour after enter the user name and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

pridepk

Technical User
Jun 29, 2014
AE
Dear

I am getting problem with Avaya ip500 v2, when I enter the user ID and password it take 1 hour to show the next screen after that it will work fine but when I save any thing on it it take again long time

please let me know its a memory card problem

Exactly were are you logging in?
Manager, Web Manager, VMPro, One-X Portal, Softphone, SoftConsole...?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

thanks for rep;y, I log in to IP office manager. When I want to logged in to the IP office manager It asked for authentication I put the credentials after that it take very long time to give respond.

thankks

1hr though.... R9 does take 4/5 times longer to open a config than previous releases (unless the system was running previous release then upgraded) but even that's less than a minute. I guess you need to reinstall Manager :)

That, or the network sucks.... like <0.015 Kbps sucks.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I used a fresh computer and install ip office manager on it and get the same problem

Cruel (a link just fast enough to stop the things timing out but otherwise very slow).

The other possibility is some problem in the validation. Try going to File | Preferences | Validation and turn of all the validation options.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

OK I will do and let you know any other advice to check

Have you tried connecting directly to the system, in LAN2 port for instance?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Maybe your computer is just really slow. I had a Windows Vista computer and installed a video card and it decreased the amount of time it took to open the config quite a bit.

OP stated he got a "fresh computer" :)

Try hooking it up directly, at least you eliminate network faults.
And Sizbut's suggestion is worth looking into as well.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

It's got to be IP routing. Is the IPO on the same network range as the PC?
Also, run -t ping trace to the IPO as you try to connect.

Dulce et decorum pro Avaya mori

I ping the ip500v2 there was no delay found from there.

Well we all run the same Manager programmes and don't have such issues, so that narrows it down to your envoironment. It's going to be your PC, your network, your AV/firewall etc all stuff we can't really help you troubleshoot but that you need to eliminate with testing :)

Thanks you are right. But when the system back after authentication which takes approximately 1 hour than it work smoothly respond very quickly between menus but when I press the save than the system show processing and take long time to come back

THanks all I get very support from all of you

It's quick once you have it as that's a local copy you are altering at that poiut, so nothing it transiting the network. It's only when you open it from the system or save it back that it gets pushed across the network, so that again indicates AV/firewalls or the network itself :)

When you have passed the login, you're working on your computer, not the system.
That's why it responds fast, it's not sending anything back to the system before you save (except for a few minor things like STUN)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back